How to starve if you are forced to.
Times are coming when resources may become scarce. One may find oneself in the temporary situation when there’s no food to consume. Absolutely. Such a thought is so scaring that one may prefer even not to think of it.
However, if you want to be prepared go on reading.
When you are starving your body (normally) rearranges itself in such a way so that to receive nutrition from the internal sources rather than from the outer world. Just like your electrical system switches from the central electricity supply to your solar batteries and vice versa.
Starving Safely Wiki
Now, you have no food or very little food. And you don’t have resources and ability to buy it. So you have to decide how you will distribute your capabilities.
You will have to learn how to starve the right way. If you are doing it correctly, your forced starvation will provide you with therapeutic effect and become quite useful. To achieve that, you need to have a good motivation (to live), appropriate mood and follow a guideline (or have a good plan).
Normal starvation for a physically prepared person may last for 40 days (or less, or more, depending on your condition).
- You have to adhere strictly to a drinking regime. It is very important. Do drink no less than 1,5 litres or 0,4 gallons of water. If the surrounding temperature is high you’ll need even more. Human body produces nitrogenous protein breakdown products that go out with urine only. And it doesn’t depend whether you are hungry or not.
During starvation, you are constantly losing electrolytes (sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium mostly). Therefore, you may receive a positive affect if you periodically use different mineral waters and even brines (for example, from tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbages, olives and other). But remember that they have to be free from vinegar or other additives of the sort! Any refusal from the water during fasting may damage your internal organs and lead to death (on the third day or so).
- We recommend doing a cleansing enema from the first day of fasting at least once a week. When you don’t consume food your intestine doesn’t work it used to (it doesn’t move). Lots of epithelial cells, bile and mucus don’t go out due to constant movement absence. You don’t eat, those products stagnate and become toxic and get absorbed gradually by your colon. Your liver is deprived from its usual energy supplies and cannot neutralize toxins the way it usually does. Most of medications get toxic under such circumstances as well. So you either have to do an enema or you may drink good quality brines that provoke your guts cleaning by irritating intestine.
- Don’t eat anything at all! On the 9 to 14th day (usually) your digestive system becomes restrained in case of complete starvation. The brain part answering for that hungry feeling goes off and you just don’t feel hunger any more. But only in case you don’t eat anything. After you achieve this kind of state you may safely exist on your body internal reserves, especially fat. When these reserves end up death comes. But before they run out you may feel yourself more or less bearable and that will give you a month and a half or even two months of guaranteed life (in case you have a normal initial weight).
- Quitting fasting has to be done the right way as well. While the stomach doesn’t work as it should one must not eat solid food. Otherwise, they will die in terrible agony. That’s the hardest for those who are forced to starve (which is not their intention). After they quit they rush for any food they can get and die very fast. Starvation should be withdrawn gradually. Ideally one starts with natural juices. Liquid vegetable soups and liquid cereals are also acceptable. Only small amounts at first. Protein foods may be consumed no earlier than on the 3rd day, better wait till 4th or 5th.
In an extreme case, one can finish starvation by just thoroughly chewing any available food and drinking lots of water simultaneously.
After quitting, if you have money you may buy some honey and consume it in small quantities. If honey is not available you may try to get sugar or jams. But you should be very careful with those. They should be consumed in the lowest quantities possible with lots of water.
If Forced to Starve – Don’t Eat Anything
The importance of not eating anything at all while fasting should not be underestimated. Otherwise your “hunger center” will turn on, your stomach will start working again – the consequences of both will be painful. Hunger will become greater each time up to total control loss. That’s why mandatory eating in prison is equaled to torture and may not be used no matter what.
Full starvation is usually less harmful and is carried over much easier than eating any kind of filth in insufficient amounts.
It is also important not to overestimate your internal reserves capacity, fat at most. Because as it has been already mentioned when they finish body dies.
Starvation Risks and Contraindications
As it is evident, only a healthy person may fast with a relatively low health risk. Physicians remind that it is absolutely contraindicated to fast to these people categories:
- With chronic disease,
- With metabolic disorder of any kind.
The last category includes alcoholics and drug addicts or those who used to be addicts in the near past. Most of the doctors affirm that fasting is highly risky and sometimes may lead to unexpected consequences. Among those who fast (even been constantly observed by medical staff) some cases of incomprehensible death still occur.
Those who starve intentionally should add motivation:
- Determine the reason for fasting,
- How much they are going to fast,
- When they are going to stop.
The key point here is to stop fasting on time!
GrandUpheaval wishes you to survive under any circumstances!
You may also look at a short survival kit guide for home in times of war.
Information was taken from Tetiana Montian from Ukraine – country with extensive famine history up to the modern times.